Saturday, January 19, 2008

yo foodie

memories of a night: 28th November, Bangalore, 1.30 am


Enough of rasam and sambar...please give me something else....but who is going to listen to my cries at this hour?? my roomies are all fast asleep only to wake up in an hour or two to prepare for the presentation tomorrow. My share of work is done, but I cant sleep....numerous rats, mongoose, mouse and other rodents disco dancing in my stomach... they might be dancing to the beats of ...Aao twist kare...twist kare milke ....Can anyone tell me how did the concept of rats running in the stomach got related to hunger?? As per my understanding, it can be better related to a vacuum pump sucking up all the contents in your stomach...however, over the years, listening to the concept of rats dancing and repeating it several times , I dont mind visualizing them having a party in my stomach........But what are they eating during the party??? the digestive juices?? yuck....



What nonsense.... how does it matter whether rats or zebras are dancing.... the bottom line is I am hungry....poor me....a year back I had been a happy person happily gorging on some nice yummy bengali dishes....as of now I suppose i cant do much but think how the "mochar ghonto" used to taste....for all non bengalis who are reading my blog (in case any), lemme clarify what a mocha is. Dont think it is one fancy drink like a cafe mocha they serve in CCD, but this is a flower of banana plant and the tender reproductive parts of it is cooked with coconut and nuts...well talking about banana reminds me of for more dishes.....shinni....thats a kind of prasad made with mashed banana, mashed mango pulp, little suji, some kheer, sugar and milk...yummy...


...my all time favourite maacher jhol....so many different varieties of fish ....rui, katla, ilish, bhetki, bhola, tangra, kajoli, gujrali, pabda, bowal, bele, koi...umm..slurrp.... too distracking now...


...no point dwelling in the past at this hor...thought of food is making me more hungry...i need to address it NOW... i have a packet of maggie and my electric kettle...any ones interested?






No comments: