Thursday, January 24, 2008

happy anniversary guys

this blog of mine is dedicated to those 8 students whom i met in the first week....myself, jeevika sampath, shubhra singh, abhishek ghosh, siddharth s, ragavendhran, ranjith and kshitish mishra.... the year 2007 showed me a different perspective of life, and enriched me with a lot of experiences and fulfilled some of my much cherished dreams.....i always had a dream to stay in hostel.....the dream i coined when i read "Malory towers" by Enid Blyton....i was probably in class 4 or 5 then.....and i must say that our hostel was no less exciting than malory towers.......initially i shared my room with jeevika and shubhra..but later moved on to a single room when our girls hostel was reshuffled....i loved those moments in hostel when we used to party till late night on our birthdays, lock ourselves in room and smoke, return late to hostel and give mindblowing excuses to the security guard and warden, and many others..... i remember the excitement when 10 girls used to gather in front of the television and cheer India to victory in the first 20-20 world cup

through out my life i had been too paranoid regarding exams......and the night before exam was a big panic for me........but here, i used to watch movies the night before exams......in the second term, the night before finance exam me and funty watched "partner" in her room....and all girls thought we had gone crazy or our preparation was too good.....and Funty was one degree ahead of me in doing innovative things the night before exams....and one of them being going to hospital before MIT exam

at one point of my life, i wanted to be an actress/air hostess or model ..........and that dream was also somewhat fulfilled here.....along with akash, mahaveer and other students, i also happened to be one of the models for our college ......the photographers detained me till late night taking the same pic in 100 ways.....it was then i realized that modelling is no cakewalk............the photographers were continuously telling me to get an "attitude" in my face, which by mistake i had got in one of the pics........and also my name could be googled out....that was because i wrote a nice testimonial which was displayed in the home page........

then comes our freshers welcome party.........i danced like that after a long time...i remember i used to dance in my school days....but it had a full stop after 10th only.....our dance was choreographed by kashyap (whom i call kashyappapa) and monica.....and our dance was a hit indeed....the dancers were myself, nike, minaxi, ujwala and kashyap.....nike was too excited to dance on stage (that was the first time for him) and that really boosted my confidence before the performance............the party was held in a premium residential complex of bangalore called "palm meadows"............and it was the first time in my life that i went to a locality as posh as this one and also it was the first time that i partied till 2 at night(outside hostel, off course)

now let me come to my language lessons......in the first week of BMA i learnt to say "i love u " in 7 different languages (all regional)...especially i got interested in tamil...the language, the songs, the heroes, and subbu ........also ravi sir had huge contribution in honing my tamil .....it was him who translated the meaning of the popular song "manmadrasa"......

i picked up an iritating habit of composing songs on people based on their USPs.....awesome songs were composed on subbu and his veshti, aunty on her habits, mahaveer on his tight pants, santhosh on his naps in lecture, karan on his looks, nike fo being a bookworm, me for being piscivorous, dada on his explanations, dillu for dheeru, bachha for alekhika and photography, tariq on his absenteeism, sid for breaking glass, robert on his paunch, ajith for his style, paul for lying, monica on her bike and apurv on his sutta, so on and so forth.....

now that the tenure in BMA is almost over, i hope that our next stoppage in life be as exciting as this one and be filled with learning opportunities....and we all have a great career ahead...good luck to me and all my friends

No comments: