Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Palace Tour 2

i had always hated the idea of converting royal palaces to heritage hotels...a national property like a palace should belong to the goverment and be open to the public... I am talking of my thoughts before i visited the Taj Falaknuma Palace....my work brought me to the palace, and no sooner than i stepped in to the hotel, i had made up my mind that i have to get my family here, no matter how big a hole gets burnt in my pocket... and what could be a better occasion than celebrating Gulton's birthday... i thank my office for the opportunities it creates for me outside of work...the opportunity to taste the Nizams lifestyle....and the opportunity to pose in front of decoration showpieces, and confuse oneself as to where to pose ...probably thats the reason the hotel folks prohibited photography intending to make lives simpler for us


i would not add to the information overload on the web by describing the palace, and i think its better to delegate it to the Taj Falaknuma website

I conclude this post reiterating the advertisement punch line of Mastercard:
"Welcome drink - Rs 700
Malai Prawn - Rs 1000
Biriyani - Rs 850
Smile on mom-in-law, mom and Gulton's face : Priceless
there are certain things money cant buy...for everything else, i use my salary"


and off course, i dont see a problem in dedicating few of our treasured palaces to the Hotel chains, if it assists India push up its GDP

No comments: