Monday, June 6, 2011

my first accident

technically this is my second accident with my scooty....but if measured in terms of the impact of injury, its the first major accident beyond doubt...

sunday, june 5th, 1:53 pm : i collected the slipper which i had given to the cobbler for repairing... thankfully, this was the only task which i managed to accomplish succesfuly from the list of 4 or 5 tasks that i thought i would complete when i stepped out of the house...was passing by cine planet when the flashy poster of "ready" caught my attention...a minute of hesitation, and a phone call later, i booked 2 tickets for the night show that day...i realized that i had traversed several klometers on the highway ...alone...and most importantly, Safely.... what if i meet an accident on my way home while covering a bare stretch of 1 km.... my sixth sense did poke me, which most of the time is sleeping otherwise....lunch time was fast approaching...and the sunday special fish was waiting for me to have it devoured...i accelarated along the empty tracks of the service lane parallel to NH 7....i did see a motor bike with 2 fat guys, unable to decide which way they wanna proceed....after a couple of glances on either side, the bikerider decided his way ( at least thats what i could figure out)...and straightened his way..... when i was nearing him, out of the blue moon, those buggers decided to take a u turn....i decelarated and pulled the brakes....but the next moment i realized i jumped out of my scooty in a similar fashion of a toad jumping out of the water....i bruised my both legs....people rushed to help me...lying on the road, i remembered Shalini ....what if i snatched the title of "iron man' from her?(just to give the context, Shalini has 2/3 iron rods implanted inside, for various reasons ranging from Sports to road accident) i dont have the slightest intention...i just hoped i did nt break any bone or tore any ligament... in my pain i missed the opportunity of ranting the other driver...i was asked several times later where did i hit myself that i developed huge patches of black eyes...i seriously dont have an idea.... i rested for some time, the culprit, ie the folk who made the offence of turning abruptly without a flash of his indicator offered me to take home... probably that was his way of saying sorry... i thought i better grab the opportunity...while seating behind him i construed in my mind, what if the guy abducts me..i did nt have strength in my legs to jump out of the scooty and run for my life....but again i was in south India, where ladies are respected, unlike most patches of northern part of the country..so i dismissed the thought for a while....a second thought visited my mind...what if i tell Gulton and he stops me from these single trips as per my whims and fancies...i thought of not divulging the event at home...i thanked the guy as i took over the drivers seat from the gate of my colony...i hoped the security guard did not see me...he knew me well and also my mother in law....somehow i came home and fell flat on my bed....i tried my best to give a story of heat stroke on a not-so-hot, cloudy and humid day...my folks bought the idea for some time...but no sooner, my gait like the "Sajjan Singh of Pratigya" unveiled the story of my accident....

P.S :: the accident didnt deter me from watchng the useless movie that night....a shot of tetanus and a shot of painkiller..and i was back on my feet....

1 comment:

Renji said...

Need to learn some stunts also to ride.... :).. cheers